Tuesday 7 June 2011

Trying something Phrased a little Differently ;)


Ok, so bright eyes and bushy tailed i embark on my new voyage of Internet Dating!  I check this dating website daily or if im really bored, many times daily!
Its funny because when i log on i look around to make sure no one is around to see what im doing. Or if i hear someone coming i quickly change onto another tab.... What am i scared of - internet dating is sooo 2011.... i should feel hip and trendy doing it - right?!

Anyway, keeping up with the sheer volume of interested candidates is nothing short of painful and at times i get bleary eyed reading profile after profile of the same shit! Im not saying my profile is particularly popular or breath taking but im like new meat to the wolfs which in turn means every Tom, Dick and Harry is having a sniff and looking for a poke!!

As im sure you have noticed ive missed out date number 1, this is due to the fact that he was so mind numbingly boring he is not worth mentioning. Plus he nearly put me off and jeopardized my whole I.D career before it had even began - how rude!!

Finally after a few weeks of hopeless looking and mindless chatting i come across date number 2. Lets call him "Mr Music".
Mr Music contacted me with a very 'normal' e mail, none the less his words seemed to flow and i was instantly hooked on what he had to say. He was against all my tick the box of what you look for in a man section. He was to old, the wrong *colour, to short and lived miles away.
Nevertheless, i was intrigued and slightly excited with Mr Music and once i had found out he was a music producer with his own production company my enthusiasm heightened ten fold.
Yes, im sorry, im slightly shallow that way. I kept catch myself daydreaming about having Craig David and Adele doing a duet at my wedding............whatever!!

We exchanged e mails daily and chatted on the phone, we arranged to meet the following weekend.
This gave me 6 days to get gorgeous!!
The 6 days were full of facials, manicures, pedicures, hair colouring, hair removal, fake tanning, eyelash extensions and outfit shopping. Yes a small loan was nearly required from one of those dodgy companies advertising on the TV....... You know the one - "we loan you £10, you pay back £200"


*I know im treading in dangerous territory but before you all leave my blog page aghast with my comment about his colour - i am by no means racist and i do not condone it. Just having a partner who is not the same colour as me hasn't really crossed my mind,Im not against it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment