Thursday 26 May 2011

Searching for my Mr D


Five months ago i decided that this year was going to be all about ME. I was grabbing the reigns with both manicured hands and steering myself in the direction of rainbows, a lottery win, a washboard stomach, fluffy clouds, my Mr Darcy and designer handbags!!

All this was coming my way because i had read 'The Secret' and we all know if we follow what that book says its bound to happen - right?!
I was willing to throw gallons of positivity and good vibes into the atmosphere so that wonderful things would come catapulting back my way like a boomerang.
However looking back on the five months just passed, the only thing i've managing to steer myself into is my local Mulberry store!!

Nevertheless, having moved to London i thought to myself - how hard can it be to meet guys, there are millions of them.... Well let me tell you a thing or two about London dating........

With high hopes and a little bit of anticipation i grabbed my laptop and googled a highly marketed and (what im lead to believe) successful dating website.
I spent hours writing and deleting the 'bit about yourself' section. Im sure i nearly drank myself into a white wine induced coma trying to get creative!!
The pressure of trying to make yourself sound exciting and different (in a good way) is no mean feat!
It literally took me hours to get it to a level of what i thought was (drunk) perfection. THEN i had to choose a picture - Jesus Christ!!
Eventually my profile went live, i stumbled into bed with my laptop and lay there hitting refresh every few minutes waiting for my inbox to become brimming full until i passed out in my fuzzy state........
To be continued...........

3 comments:

  1. aww, love you. you may be my most favouritist blogger ever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! Hilarious, entertaining, informative and honest, I couldnt ask for more in a blog!

    Keep 'em coming!

    Love,
    Your number one fan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete